Recipe: # 117
Chicken Liver Pate with Canadian Maple Whiskey
Ingredients as follows:
Cook the following together in a skillet
- 1 red medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme and 1/4 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 cup butter and a little olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 Grams (1lb.) chicken livers , patted dry and trimmed
- ¼ cup Canadian Maple Whiskey to the mixture once the livers are done & 1 shot for the cook.
Step 2 …..
Place above in food processor once cooked and combine. After blended, add the following to the food processor and continue blending briefly ( you do want bits !)
- ½ cup of butter (If you are going to be bad, you may as well be very bad!)
- ¼ cup of toasted almond
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
Step 4 …….
Pour the mixture into a ramekin and place into the fridge topped with a wrap so it won’t form a skin. There is nothing set in stone, so feel confident to add or delete items as you see fit. Anyone can cook !
Serve at room temperature. I enjoy this pate on a slice of toasted baguette but the delivery system is your choice. ………….ENJOY !