- We drove from Begur, Spain to Barcelona, Spain and stayed at a hotel within a reasonable walking distance to La Rambla. The 1.2 km street has a life onto itself and is not to be overlooked.
- We visited Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia (amazing) and Casa Mila (interesting) and took a short walk along the Rambla to the Market La Boqueria. The indoor market has food of plenty with a variety that would make your head spin. If we had rented a place with cooking arrangements our taste buds would still be partying!
- A street side café around the corner from our hotel served as a perfect spot for an evening out. Spanish olives stuffed with anchovies…….. Ou-Ya !
- We took a bicycle tour of the city, which included sites in the Gothic area, is highly recommended. The tour is on flat ground and is an enjoyable task for the even the most novice of riders. The tour stopped the Basilica De Santa Maria, Parc De La Ciutadella, Arc De Triomf and Platja De La Barceloneta among other stops.
- We had lunch at a patio bar on the Platja (beach) as part of the tour. The hotel named W Barcelona (an interesting arch shaped structure) as well as the Cable Car can be seen from the beach.
- A final stroll down the Rambla to another outdoor patio for an evening’s dinner outing. Barcelona is a terrific city and we only had time to scratch the surface.
- Boarded a flight back to our home base in Toronto
……….. Off to Italy next…….. !